Monday 22 August 2011

The Walk So Far..


The Feldenkrais lesson was quite an interesting experience which allowed me to see and feel the body in a different way than what we have come to accept scientifically. My representation of the body after we had undertaken the exercise shows the key areas which I found played the greatest role in movement and what would be walking in real life. What surprised me was how much control you can have over your body with only your pelvis and spine, as represented by the bold colours around these key areas and the subdued tones for the other major limbs as if they didn’t exist at all. The key aspect I took from this exercise was how hard it is to ‘turn your brain off’ as represented by the radiating pulses around the head in the drawing. No matter how hard I tried, I was always conscious of what my body was doing and the others around me – an observation which could relate to everyday life and people walking in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.