Sunday 28 August 2011


I finally understand my blog and have discovered how to post on the wall so please excuse my delayed posts from the first few lessons.

Feldenkris exercise

"Find your true weakness and surrender to it. Therein lies the path to genius. Most people spend their lives using their strengths to overcome or cover up their weaknesses. Those few who use their strengths to incorporate their weaknesses, who don't divide themselves, those people are very rare. In any generation there are a few and they lead their generation."
-- Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc.

This exercise immediately got me thinking about the body in a different light.
The relaxation exercise allowed me to centralise my thoughts on the pressure points around my body and especially those causing me pain.

Below: An abstract life size drawing of my body. The head is a feather to represent a clear mind, The points that stretch down the body that radiate waves represent pain points.


* A great task to become in touch with the body through abstract drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.